With the Easter holidays nearly upon us, i’ve put together a couple of super-quick lunch/dinner recipes that you can throw together in between the egg hunts and the bonnet making.
First up, is a recipe for Egg Parcels. (Chocolate eggs aren’t the only ones that are tasty and delicious this time of year…) You can vary this recipe according to your child’s capricious taste buds. If they’re anything like mine, one minute they’ll love cheese and the next they’ll think you’re trying to serve them dog food. They’re usually not afraid to tell you about it either…
A splash of milk
A knob of butter, melted
4 small Mushrooms (chopped)
A large handful of spinach OPTIONAL
A handful of cooked ham (chopped) OPTIONAL
A handful of grated cheese (cheddar or similar)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C and heat a little olive oil in a pan and add the mushrooms, cooking over a medium heat for a few minutes. Add the spinach and continue to cook until it has wilted and remove from the heat.
2. Beat the egg in a large bowl or jug and combine the milk and melted butter
3. Pour the egg mixture into a 6-hole Yorkshire pudding tray
4. Add some of the mushroom and spinach mixture to each egg-parcel. Then add some of the ham and finish off with a little grated cheese.
5. Bake in the oven for approximately 15 Minutes – or until puffed and starting to brown on top.
Green beans or asparagus and some good bread are also top accompaniments.
This recipe first appeared on the brilliant www.goodstuff4everyone.com. The website offers reviews of places to go, things to do, stuff to wear and lots to eat. Largely with a family theme.
If it wasn’t for those guys then my kids would be mostly living on these…